THE JERUSALEM PROGRAM IS THE OFFICIAL PLATFORM OF THE WORLD ZIONIST
ORGANIZATION AND THE ZIONIST MOVEMENT
Zionism, the national liberation movement of the Jewish people, brought about the establishment
of the State of Israel, and views a Jewish, Zionist, democratic and secure State of Israel to be the
expression of the common responsibility of the Jewish people for its continuity and future.
The foundations of Zionism are:
1. The unity of the Jewish people, its bond to its historic homeland Eretz Yisrael, and the
centrality of the State of Israel and Jerusalem, its capital, in the life of the nation;
2. Aliyah toIsraelfrom all countries and the effective integration of all immigrants into
3. Strengthening Israel as a Jewish, Zionist and democratic state and shaping it as an
exemplary society with a unique moral and spiritual character, marked by mutual respect
for the multi-faceted Jewish people, rooted in the vision of the prophets, striving for
peace and contributing to the betterment of the world.
4. Ensuring the future and the distinctiveness of the Jewish people by furthering Jewish,
Hebrew and Zionist education, fostering spiritual and cultural values and teaching
Hebrew as the national language;
5. Nurturing mutual Jewish responsibility, defending the rights of Jews as individuals and as
a nation, representing the national Zionist interests of the Jewish people, and struggling
against all manifestations of anti-Semitism;
6. Settling the country as an expression of practical Zionism.